I believe in simplicity; it’s a beautiful thing. When life gets hectic, there’s nothing like sitting down to enjoy a simple meal. Sure, there’s a time and a place for complexity. Without it, man wouldn’t have set foot on the moon and Einstein wouldn’t be a household name. But simplicity is the foundation of complexity. Its primitive nature is, in and of itself, wondrous.
Okay, so maybe only a loony-bin would call the upcoming recipe “wondrous.” Nevertheless, I think it serves as an important reminder to enjoy the small things in life and, when the chaos slows down for even the briefest of moments, to notice the wee details that are so easily overlooked.
Keep in mind the molecular chemistry taking place on your tastebuds as you consume this delectable piece of gastronomical simplicity:
Vegetarian Pita Pizza
- 1 pita
- 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
- oregano to taste
- McCormick Grill Mates roasted garlic and herb seasoning to taste
- 1 Laughing Cow garlic & herb cheese wedge
- 1/4 cup Boca ground crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line circular baking pan with square of tin foil. Place pita on top of the lined pan.
- Place 1/4 cup ground crumbles in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Spread tomato sauce onto pita. Evenly sprinkle the McCormick seasoning and oregano on top.
- On a separate cutting board, slice cheese wedge into bits (as large or small as you desire). This may require two knives: one to slice the cheese, another to scrape it off the other knife. Sprinkle cheese bits, followed by microwaved ground crumbles, evenly over tomato sauce.
- Bake the pita pizza for about 9 minutes, or until pita is crisp and the crust is slightly browned.
- Using a spatula, transfer pita pizza to a plate. Cut into 4 slices and consume!